Phokus Research Group
Hyfin Vent Chest Seal Twin Pack
The HyFin® Vent Chest Seal Twin Pack from North American Rescue sets the standard for the prevention, management and treatment of an open and/or tension pneumothorax potentially caused by a penetrating chest trauma. Two seals, each individually packaged, are designed to allow the user to apply a seal to both an entry or an exit wound while also giving the option to only apply one and store the other until needed as the situation requires. This innovative design provides 3-vented channels designed to prevent airflow into the chest cavity during inhalation while allowing air to escape through the vent channels during exhalation. The 3-vent channels are designed to allow blood to escape and also provide a backup fail-safe system, as even if two of the three channels become obstructed, the vent is designed to remain fully operational.
Advanced adhesive technology provides superior adhesion as the HyFin® Vent Chest Seal Twin Pack is specifically designed to overcome adverse conditions where the casualty may be covered in blood, sweat, body hair, or other environmental contaminants when a reliable chest seal is mandatory. Packaged in a more compact, rugged, easy-to-open twin foil pouch, each chest seal also includes a gauze pad to wipe the wound surface prior to application. The HyFin® Vent Chest Seal Twin Pack has a large red pull tab for single-step peel-and-apply application, while the transparent backing facilitates easy placement over the wound area.
- 1 Hyfin Vent Chest Seal Twin Pack (Entry/Exit Wound)
- Designed for the prevention, management and treatment of an open and/or tension pneumothorax potentially caused by a penetrating chest trauma
- Patented, new design with 3-channel pressure relief vents
- Two Chest Seals designed for the treatment of both entry/exit or multiple penetrating injuries
- Advanced adhesive technology designed to provide a superior seal in the most adverse conditions, including wet and hairy casualties
- Easy-to-grip, large red tab for single step, peel-and-apply application that allows for the burping of the wound if necessary
- Device: H 6 in. x W 6 in. (excluding tab)
- Packaged Folded: H 7.5 in. x W 4.5 in. x D 0.25 in.
- Packaged Unfolded: L 7.5 in. x W 9 in. x D 0.13 in.
- Weight: 2.5 oz.
- US Patents: 7,504,549 & Patent(s) Pending